How big is you sacrifice?

Shireen was left speechless when little Anaya asked her mom,
"Will you also sacrifice me, if need be?"
Indeed any parent would be.

What I am am left wondering with is, WILL WE? Sacrifice my own flesh and blood.
Oh the blessed Prophet, how great was your love. Blessings and Salutation to the prophet and thank you Anaya for bringing this beautiful thought.
Now according to me, their are 2 aspects to the story:
First ourselves, as individuals
How great is our desire to gain the pleasure of Allah?
What is stopping us from saying , "yes I will"?
The Prophet said "None of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father, his children and all mankind" Sahih Bukhari

Second Aspect to this story is:
(Selfishly) lucky are we to not have to sacrifice our own children, like physically, but are we even ready to sacrifice their nafs and desires and happiness for the sake of Allah, to gain the pleasure of Allah.
Before you answer let me leave you with some thoughts:
How often do we give into their desires knowing very well that it is wrong because I fear that my child would be upset, angry or start crying.
Let's focus on their food,dress, friends, screen time,school work or even social pressure and many more..

In the name of Parenting I consider it to be my responsibility to keep them happy, satisfied and content - which by the way is practically not possible.

Let's bring in the change, let's bring in the focus, let's bring it to lips - "Yes I can!"
Allah comes first and his pleasure is more important to me than anyone else.


Saba Islam
Founder The Happy Mommy Place
#Tarbiya
#peacefulParenting 

Read another article:
http://happymommyplace.blogspot.com/2021/07/why-do-muslims-do-tawaaf.html


Popular posts from this blog

The power of REFLECTION

What is Self Care?

In the name of Self care.